I made this for a high school friend's bridal shower this weekend.
I used an apron I made last year as a pattern reference, and found the cute fabric in the "red tag" section of Joann's (have I mentioned how much I looooove clearance sections?).
I probably should have written down and taken pictures of how to make it, since it was so easy, but I procrastinated was pressed for time and didn't want to complicate it more than needed. Next time.
Here it is all bundled up, and ready for the blushing bride.
I mentioned earlier that I never free-hand anything. Well I lied. I guess I do freehand some sewing projects. I am forever grateful for my mom sticking me in years and years of sewing classes growing up because I hate patterns. My mom probably thought I hated the classes, but I would always get so hung up on the pinning and cutting part of the project. It took so much time, and most of the projects I am willing to sew are simple enough to create as you go. So I guess I do free-hand somethings, just not very often, and not very complicated.
For the record: 22 weeks along and every growing.
(this is not my picture) I bought this cute porcelain egg carton at Joann's a few weeks ago because the color matches my bedroom perfectly and I needed a "catch-all" for my earring studs, rings, and hoop earrings that don't fit on my jewelry frame. Everything stays so organized and I looooove the uniqueness of its shape. (Maybe that's why I love clearance, you can always find the most unique things there.)


3 comments:
kelsey! I finally found and remembered to find your blog! Too cute, I LOVE that egg carton, oh so darling, what a good idea, I would totally copy you if I had earrings (don't have my ears pierced) so cute. and I love your jewelry frame. you look so good, 22 weeks! That is so exciting
ok, I kept scrolling and I LOVE your rocking horse! Where on earth did you find that?! Oh I'm so jealous, I think I might have to hunt for one now. love it, so darling. good job.
haha i found it at the DI. lemme know if you want help with your dresser! i cant buy anymore furniture to refinish for a while, so i'd love to help!
Post a Comment