It's done! And I love it. I still haven't decided whether or not to do eyes... what does everyone think? With or without eyes? I like the simplicity of "without eyes" but it still kinda looks unfinished. I stink at free-hand-ing anything. I am very much a color-in-the-lines kinda gal. (I still enjoy a good coloring book and a new box of crayons.)
(BEFORE)
So, just for the record, this is everything I did on it:
First I sanded down the bottom piece. It may be hard to see, but in the before picture the bottom pieces had a sharp angle in the middle, making the rocking motion quite jerky. After sanding a good half inch off, it now it flows smoothly.
Then I sanded down some of the nobs on top, also known as "hair." All were very rough and some were obviously free-handed (I like conformity). Pretty much any rounded edge on the rocking horse was too rough and needed some sandpaper lovin'.
Thirdly, I painted it. The light brown was chosen from the same color chip as the dark brown so it would be a definet match.
Lastly, I added the leather tail. The browns don't match up perfectly and I hope that doesn't bother me in the later years.
Now I just need my lovely nieces to come test it out!

1 comments:
Cute! You did a great job!
Post a Comment