Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dear Logan,

You stink at maternity clothes selection.

Dillard's: You would think Dillard's would HAVE a maternity section since they have TWO stores in Logan, but no.
Kohl's: 4 racks of clothing (including clearance) and no skirts, dresses, or swimsuits
JCPenny's: 6 racks of clothing, same as Kohl's
Motherhood Maternity: thank heavens SOMEONE carries maternity church clothes in an LDS prominant community. But could you lower your prices just a tad? Really, its hurtin'

Oh, and why is it that none of these stores carry sizes other than Large and Extra Large?
Good gracious, I'm not having twins here.

Where on earth is everyone finding their maternity clothes?
(in Logan, I mean. Obviously Ogden and Salt Lake are going to have more selection. They will, won't they? Oh dear.)

Update: I tried out two more stores the next day that were highly recommended from my sister in law, Aimee.
Old Navy: Super cute stuff online, and great prices. Finally, style that doesn't make me look 40. Oh but wait, when we got to Logan Old Navy they informed us that as soon as the two racks of clothes were sold, they would not be restocking. That's right, Logan Old Navy is discontinuing maternity. Grrrr
Shopko: We didn't even get past the customer service desk before they told us there were no maternity clothes in the store. I guess they discontinued their line as well (since Aimee was there last.) Boo. 
Motherhood Maternity and Old Navy online it is then. We did find one dress (on clearance, too!) at Old Navy, thank heavens.  

3 comments:

Alyssa Harper said...

I found mine at Motherhood maternity. They have these maternity pants that have a stretchy part that comes up and over your belly (I think they're called secret fit, or something) that are FABULOUS. Totally worth the money, and I haven't been able to find them hardly anywhere else. It doesn't even feel weird to wear. Just like wearing a tank-top or something under your shirt. (All other maternity pants -- the kind with just that little 3-4 inch stretchy part) just slide down...drives me crazy.) I've heard the milanmaternity.com has some really cute tops. It's hard to find deals there, but when it comes to maternity clothes (especially pants), I feel like anything that makes you feel more comfortable and special is totally worth it. (It helped that my mom bought me mine...said it was a special gift...best pregnancy gift ever.)

Alyssa Harper said...

...And Old Navy must be going off and on on maternity...because I was told that they just decided to stop doing maternity 3 years ago when I pregnant with Micah. Must have started back up again only to decide to nix it. Weird. You'd think they'd just make up their minds.

And yes, besides what I've mentioned above, Logan does stink for buying maternity clothes.

Vienna said...

Try Target online. Logan stinks for shopping in general I find, but I grew up in SLC, so I guess I'm spoiled that way. I don't need pants or dresses yet but I just got some tops that are not maternity, but loose and long. I also like downeast and I just get them a size or two up from what I used to wear. That way they're no more money than you'd spend on a shirt anyway, and you might actually be able to wear it other than when you're pregnant.

Post a Comment