Step one: buy an old frame at DI. Be sure it is still sturdy and size 8x10 or larger.
(sorry it is upside down)
Step two: remove glass and cardboard backing. All you need is the wood frame.
Step three: clean frame. This is a must, or the paint will not stick. You should use a degreaser but all I had was bleach. It worked well enough.
Step four: spray paint frame color of your choice. This color is called "Mediterranean."
Step five: feed ducks while paint dries. They walked right up to the pavement waiting for a handout.
"Now shoo! You ate all my bread!"
Step six and seven: attach hardware for hanging ribbon, then cut window screen material roughly to size.
Step eight: hot glue window screen material to inside lip of frame and cut down to exact size.
(if you don't have want to buy window screen material, come to my house, I have an entire roll I have no idea what to do with)
Finally hang with hammer and nail and hang earrings off it.
I know it looks cluttered, but it is functional, which is what I was going for.
I know it looks cluttered, but it is functional, which is what I was going for.
Another project I worked on this week is my necklace hanger at the top of the picture, (sorry I don't have a better picture of it.) I used 25 small crafting spools and screwed them into a board with 1 1/4" drywall screws. The screws are important, we tried it with wood glue and they started to pop off. the drywall screws have the perfect size head to squeeze in tight into the hole. And the 1 1/4" size is important too, because others will be too long and would have gone through to the back.
I also made a second for Michael's ties.
I think later I will find some larger spools and make a coat hanger... maybe....

1 comments:
You are so creative! :)
Umm.. take care of those ducks! They are super friendly! :) I hope they don't bother you. I loved those guys, and we fed them once or twice. We probably taught them bad habits!
Post a Comment