These are my garage sale and DI finds for this morning.
The grocery sack is overflowing with little boy clothes. I paid $10 for the whole sack because it was the end of the day and you can make deals like that when it's late.
The picture frames are from DI. I plan to paint the elephant white. The little green figures on top of the green frame are little mini hedge formations of baby animals. (how cuuuuute!)
And the best find of all day... those book ends of classic Winnie the Pooh (depicting Christopher Robin pulling Pooh out of Rabbit's hole/front door). The ears are broken off of one of the bunnies, but I will find a way to fix it. I just fell in love with these book ends! So classic and beautiful.
I took all the baby clothes and piled them up according to size. I followed the tightwad gazette's advice (and my mother's) and made 3x5 cards of each size and tallied up how many tops, bottoms, church clothes, and PJs I have in each size. So next time I hit garage sales I know what I'm looking for. I love this system, my mom used it for years, and it helps stay organized. Later this week I will get boxes for each size and stack them in Baby J's closet, pulling each one out as he grows bigger and bigger.

3 comments:
i think we need to go garage sale-ing together! Vienna and I went to one by joann's today and got 8 yards of fabric for...$4!!! I about peed my pants. it was absolutely amazing! dying, now i just have to figure out what to do with it. ha ha. anyway, great finds! isn't that the BEST!
no way! so jealous!
You are so organized! Way to go. And I LOVE those book ends. So adorable! I adore classic winnie the pooh stuff!
Post a Comment