I don't usually do coupons, mainly cuz the ones I don't need are too tempting and I don't buy that many groceries for just Mike and I, however when I do this is the website I use.
http://theobsessiveshopper.net/
First click on where you live, then you use the drop down menu to select which store you want to shop at.
It will bring up a list of everything in the store that is on sale for the week. The column on the left shows the sale price, and the column on the right shows which coupons, if any, can be added to the sale to get double savings. Also, on the far left, it shows a "stock up scale" and rates each sale with stars according to how stinkin' awesome your savings are. (ie: five stars is the best deal)
(If I knew how to add screen shots to blog posts, I would. But I am not that blog savvy.)
The lingo may be a bit confusing so I will do my best to explain what I know.
Here is an example of how a coupon will be listed:
Kelloggs Nutri-Grain Cereal Bars, any flavor 6 ct. or larger .75/2 (05-01-11) RP-3/6
- The first numbers listed represent what the coupon is offering (seventy-five cents off two boxes of nutri-grain bars)
- The second set of numbers shows what date they expire (May first, 2011)
- RP stands for "Red Plum" which is one of the thin booklets of coupons that arrives every Sunday in your paper. There are other booklets, but I don't know their acronyms or what they stand for.
- And the last set of numbers lets you know what day they arrived in the paper (March sixth)
So, the big idea behind the website is to get the Sunday newspapers, pull out the coupons (ie: Red Plum) and file them according to their date. No clipping required. When the website lists a killer sale linked to a killer coupon, you just pull out the designated folder and grab the coupon it tells you to. So easy.
I don't get the newspaper, which means I can only take part in some of the coupons they list. But there are plenty of online coupons that they do list.
Here is an example of how the online coupons are listed:
Malt O Meal Cereal, any 12 oz or larger $1/2 (active) This Link-09/23
For this coupon you click on the link, give your email address and then you click "Print Coupon." On 90% of online coupons you can print each twice. This is a little trick not everyone knows about.
Also, at the top of the right column there are four links listed for online coupons.
Group A Group B Group C Singles
These are different coupon websites, but are just as reliable. Check each coupon you want, and click "Print Coupons." You will need to download a coupon printer program which takes seconds to install and doesn't come with viruses. Once it's downloaded and printed don't forget to click "Print Coupons" a second time for extra savings.
I love this website because it is very organized, has a large and reliable database, and no sign ups are needed. Oh and it's free.
I have yet to find a coupon website that doesn't ask for a home address, date of birth, ect. or requires a login and password. This is so easy to use!
For the record: My mom showed me this website that she learned about at an enrichment activity.


0 comments:
Post a Comment