Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Lists Lists Lists, They Make the World Go Round

The baby registry has been finalized to where I'm finally comfortable with it.

I registered at Amazon.com because they have the widest range of brands, styles and colors of products.

I love registering because it is such a handy list of the things you need (or want) so that after all the lovely gifts come in, I don't have to make another detailed check list of what is left to be purchased. So convenient! I also like using Amazon.com because they list some of the lowest prices on the internet, as well as other websites to find the product at.

My sister-in-law Aimee recently gave me a list of essentials to prepare for Baby's arrival. I have seen other lists floating around the internet, and even some iPhone apps, but none of them were as complete as I'd like, and most of them would not allow me to add or remove items. The list she emailed me is a Word file so I can edit to my pleasing (which won't take much since she thought of everything.)

The biggest reason I love registering and building a master checklist is to help ease anxiety. If the list is only in my mind, then it's never complete and always keeping me from focusing on what is in front of me. Also, I know that with these two lists, if when things don't go perfectly (ie: pre-mature birth, ect.) I know that I have done my best to prepare for whatever life throws at us.


Well, maybe not everybody feels this relieved when a list is finalized, but I sure do.


P.S. Originally I had 40+ kids books on the registry but I finally moved them over to a "Wish List," which is still public, but less crowding on the more important baby things.

1 comments:

Alyssa Harper said...

That's a pretty good list! Way to go for getting that all put together. Looks like it was a lot of work to compile. :)

Post a Comment