...but if you only knew how long my rock collection has sat unappreciated in the bottom of a closet or under a bed, you would realize this is a big step.
I know you can't make out much in this picture, but the the rocks are IDENTIFIED (thank you, USU Geology Dept) and DISPLAYED. Soon they will be LABELED and ANCHORED to the case with floral putty (my mom used floral putty for her tea cup collection, I think it might work for mine too). Maybe someday the frame will be painted, or replaced, but this is so exciting for me because I love my rocks, each one, and I have always felt so guilty having their beauty shoved under the bed. Now I get to enjoy them every day I walk past them in the hallway. My mom gave me her old thimble case (thank you!) and all the rocks actually fit, I was surprised! Ok, all the rocks I was hoping would fit. There are still a dozen or so softball to football size rocks in the closet, but I think I will use a shelf to display those. For now I will just enjoy the view... and get a label maker....
Friday, April 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
That's so cool! What a great way to display it too!
Post a Comment