Bug and I napping a few weeks ago
One thing that Little Bug does that is similar to me, is he hates mornings. He snacks all morning, and isn't very active since he doesn't get out of bed until 9 or so, and has a short nap before lunch.
However, today I discovered one more thing today...
Bug and I took a nap this afternoon together in Mommy and Daddy's bed (rare). We woke up at the same time and as I watched him do his super weird stretch (which is: back arched, legs stiff and straight, and hands first to the neck, then above head with lips pursed tight) I thought to myself, "Why is this ringing a bell in my mind.... more than usual..."
Then, unknowingly, I stretched myself. And as I finished and opened my eyes, I realized where Bug got his weird morning stretch. Me. I laughed for hours. He did it again shortly afterwards and I laughed out loud. He laughed right back. I couldn't stop laughing for hours. Every time I looked at him, it just made my heart sing.
I guess this stands out to me more than normal because I am having a hard time seeing me in him. He is sooooo Michael's son. The blue eyes, the ADORABLE cow-lick, and so forth. But this, this sweet napping moment, made my heart sing.
I'm a Mama. I could say it a dozen times over and over.
I'm a Mama. I could say it a dozen times over and over.


0 comments:
Post a Comment