Thursday, November 17, 2011

Let Me Be Clear

(another one of THOSE posts)

I never realized how dishonest the world can be until I moved out. I was raised that honesty is the best policy and if you can't say something nice then don't say anything at all.


So, I feel confident that I am a pretty honest person. And when I'm not honest, it eats away at me until I fix it. Even when I'm dishonest with myself. I cant always tell what exactly I'm being dishonest with myself about, but I figure it out eventually.

This leads to some must-explained Kelsey-isms.

Ahem.

"I'm fine" means "even if I'm not fine, please let me handle this my way." I don't like to deal with (real) conflicts in public. If I need help, I always speak up. Also, if I do need help, I know pretty well what kind of help I need. So if I don't need one person's help but I do need another's, please don't be offended.

"no thank you" means "no". If I am indecision-ate, I will give obvious signs of such. I really don't like being mean, but I also don't like being backed into a corner. So if the claws come out, I've been backed into a corner.

"I have got to go, goodbye" means "I'm gonna get cranky here if i don't leave soon" It's not because of the current situation but most likely because I've already stayed longer than I originally planned, and I'm just cranky with myself for procrastinating.

WITH THIS SAID, I like everyone and I never mean to hurts other's feelings. Even the people that drive me cookoo. If I say something negative, it's probably because I felt hurt by someone or something. Also, when my stress is higher than normal (ie NICU) I tend to be a little off my rocker and quick to irritate. Again please please please don't be offended.

Sorry this post is a little dark, but I have been dying to say these things aloud(ish) for a few months now.



On a lighter note, this picture is how Little Bug fell asleep this afternoon. One moment he was sitting up, crying, and the next he is head down fast asleep.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay that's just too funny!

Post a Comment