Formula - sample cans in the mail
Bottle and nipple - hospital
blanket - yard sale
toys/books/mirror - yard sale
diapers - vacuum pack with Food Saver and label
change of clothes - vacuum pack
antibacterial gel
diaper cream - sample in the mail
baby tylenol - haven't bought yet... maybe a coupon or sample?
wipes
hand pump - hospital
breast cream - samples from hospital
preast pads - hospital
binki - hospital
teether - yard sale
teething gel - haven't bought yet... maybe a coupon or sample?
nasal aspirator - hospital
medicine spoon - wait til Little Bug is 6 months
plastic bags for dirty diapers/clothes - grocery sacks
sippy cup - wait
baby spoon - wait
bowl - wait
food: rice cereal, cup noodles, baby veggies, instant potatoes - wait
changing pad - yard sale
sanitizer bag - hospital
socks - yard sale
hat - yard sale
lotion - sample size
washcloth - cut in half, one in 72 hour kit, other in car kit
water bottles: 3
body wash - hospital
first aid
scratch mittens for warmth - yard sale
burp rag - yard sale
tag: name, number, allergies, family picture
insulated bag - hospital
Hospital - Some of these things were just left over from all the free goodies they sent me home with. Also, being in the NICU, we go through A LOT of binkis, bottles, nipple/lids, ect. (anything that falls on the floor cannot be used in the hospital so they give it to me and instruct me to sanitize it in my dishwasher.
Also, it is "medically necessary" that I pump milk for my baby so insurance covers the rental of my pump. Even if we didn't have insurance, they have pumps to use in the NICU and they provided me with my own equipment: flanges, bottles, AND a hand pump. I'll never use a hand pump unless in an emergency situation (owie hands!) so I just stuck in the bag.
Yard Sale - the hot cycle on your washing machine is meant to sanitize clothes. Same with the dishwasher.
P.S. The hospital said baby laundry soap is mostly a gimmick. Any scent free laundry soap works just fine, if you are worried about the detergent bothering your baby's skin, put the laundry on second rinse cycle.
72 hour kits are easier than they appear!
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Unfortunately, I have never EVER seen a coupon for teething gel. And believe me, I definitely looked. I would ask a mom whose baby is done teething and ask if you can buy it off her for, like, a dollar. In theory, she COULD keep it for the next kid...but let's be honest. Who's going to keep track of a tiny tube like that for two years? I kept mine. Lost it over a year ago too. Heck, I would have GIVEN it to you if I still had it.
Oh, and baby tylenol isn't that bad. Just go generic. (I've never seen a coupon for this either). I think it's a couple dollars, is all.
Nice list!
Post a Comment