Monday, June 27, 2011

Little Bug Update and Yard Sale Finds

Little Bug made the 4 lbs mark yesterday so he is out of the incubator today! As long as his temp stays where it needs to then he will stay that way til he goes home so we will just have to see.
Also we started non-nutrative breastfeeding last Wednesday which is awesome! Non-nutritive breastfeeding is when we try breastfeeding just after I've pumped. That way it is good practice suck-swallow-breathe without being drowned by my waterfall-of-a letdown. So far he lasts about 15 minutes with up to 5 minutes of actual sucking and a couple of swallows. We are using a nipple shield which I know a lot of people are against, but forBug it is a huge blessing. He tries without it but it is just too much to handle. Another "thank you" goes out to the amazing medical technology we have today.
Pumping is still going well, less pain each day. Can't wait to not have to use the pump anymore though. It just takes so much time away from my baby and breastfeeding is so much more comfortable.
About every 7-10 days I go back o Logan for 30 hours and catch up with things at home. The last time was exciting because I was able to do some yard sale shopping! I got one huge old navy sack FULL of baby boy clothes, another big bag of swaddling blankets and burp cloths (aka reusable diapers), several great books, a set of wood blocks, a stroller and car seat cover (jj Cole), and last but not least a STROLLER! For only $10! Given, it does need a good hose down, but everything works, nothing is torn or missing, and if it does have something wrong with it, I won't feel guilty for throwing it out since I only spent $10!
After that yard sale trip I felt so much anxiety lifted. I can't explain it, but I was just so worried about bringing him home but now I can relax (for a few more weeks haha).
Also, thank you Mandy for an awesome baby shower with my girlfriends! I loved catching up with ladies I haven't seen in quite awhile.
Morans are coming in a couple weeks! Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment