Yesterday was bath day, which really cheered me up. We were able to remove all his monitors and clean off any glue from the tape from IVs. Like all newborns, he hated his bath, but oh well. We scrubbed his head over a basin of warm water with a towel wrapped around him. We should have put a diaper back on him cuz he peed right through the towel and soaked my shirt haha! Once he was dried and swaddled he fell right to sleep. Usually his eyes are open for a while while he dozes off, but not this time haha. (check facebook for pictures)
Last night while I was holding him his canula kept coming out, so I just pulled it out of his nose. he's only on room air, so I thought what the heck. Sure enough his monitors never went off, he did really well just breathing on his own for a few hours. This morning he was doing so well they just took the canula off all the way! Yay! 100% breathing on his own! And by the end of the week he might be able to have his IV out too! This kid is so strong.
Pumping is going well, and Little Bug is feeding well too. Each day we give him more milk and less IV. He had some digesting problems over the weekend but has recovered marvelously.
Little Bug is meeting all his milestones on time and then some. I am so proud of my little man!
Til next time
Tuesday, June 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
What a trooper! Post more pictures! I want to see more of this handsome little guy. :)
Post a Comment