Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 Year in Review

As rough as this year has been I think I will still do a "2012 Year in Review".

January: Ok so I don't remember much from January.

February: My life was turned upside down when Mike told me on Valentine's Day he never wanted to marry me. We began discussing plans for separation and divorce. (Happy Valentine's Day)

March: More arguing. Still hadn't told anyone about our plans. I started packing up boxes.

April: I began to open up to my very good friend, Mandy about my sham of a marriage. She was so supportive and said all the right things and asked all the right questions.


May: I began planning Jackson's birthday party! It was such a nice distraction and I had a blast planning it. Click here for the photo shoot and UP themed birthday party. Also, Mike and I sold our Civic and he bought an Exterra with plans to get a Versa for me. (Still no Versa, oh well.)












Jackson and I had a lot of pool play dates this summer
June: Jackson had his birthday and he and I flew out to California to see Jake, Aimee, the girls, Brady and met up with my parents and Sarah. We hit Disneyland and the beach and had a blast. Click here for that post.









Canoeing in Island Park 
July: Celebrated the 4th of July in Island Park and finally opened up to my parents about getting a divorce. Mike told me to be moved out by the end of the month so I lined up several close friends from my ward and everyone helped me move to my parents in a record time of one and a half hours! They even stuck around to help me set up the crib and and my new (to me) twin bed. (Thank you thank you thank you) As I stood in the apartment after everyone had left I knew the hardest part of this divorce was already over. I had the support of my family and friends and I felt immense strength from my Heavenly Father. I couldn't have done this alone.

NICU buddies
August: I started my own business! I never in my wildest of dreams pictured myself as someone who could start something like this and in fashion of all places too! The Fairy Godmother dress rentals took off quickly with a photo shoot by the end of the month and consigned dresses coming in daily. Also, Jackson and I went to the annual NICU reunion in Ogden with some close friends, Alma and Ashley.






September: Homecoming was a big hit with the business, it was so fun and I had plenty of appointments (at least for being only one month old!) I learned a lot and loved every minute of it. There were dresses even in my dreams!













October: We had our first big Halloween party here at my parents house with all the neighbors and I had so much fun getting to know my new ward members better. Jackson was Wall-E and I was Eve.


November photo shoot
November: I had my second photo shoot with two photographers this time at the Old Rock Church down the street from us. We had a lot of fun and it was very productive. All the girls stayed and helped clean up and get everything back to the barn. My models are awesome! Also, we spent Thanksgiving with Keith and Jackie and got to meet their new baby, Penny.






USU football game WAC champions
December: Jackson started nursery, officially. He and I have been going since we moved back to my parents ward and it was time for me to leave. It was so nice to get back to Sunday School and Relief Society again. I have been truly blessed to be in this ward. I am one of five single parents in the ward and everyone is so polite and caring towards us, it hasn't be scary at all. I had my second dance, which didn't make much money but I am guessing it just wasn't a big turn out because of the holidays. Plus USU went to the Potato Bowl (and won!) for the first time in like a hundred years so that was a big fat deal here in Logan and it just so happened to fall on the same day as the dance.





Geared up and ready to go!
Christmas was awesome! We went to the cabin and had a storybook Christmas. Complete with riding in on a one-horse-sleigh, a warm fireplace, plenty of homemade delicious food, plenty of not-homemade junk food, family, skiing, snowman-making, and lots of laughter. Click here for mom's numerous posts of all our adventures.




I already know this new year will be better than the last. I feel so much myself again, and I haven't for several years. I am so much happier and content with my life, regardless of how different it is. Thank you everyone for your little email and comments of facebook showing your support and love. I don't always get back to you, but they brighten my day every time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We love you so much, Kelsey. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

A great year in review! You have had a lot of changes happen and in such a short time. You should be so proud of yourself for being such a strong and steadfast woman. I admire you. You are VERY blessed :)

Abbey said...

first, you look daring in those pics!

loved this year in review! glad 2013 is looking up. :)

Post a Comment