Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Yard Sale Ads: My Interpretation

I just read this hilarious yard sale blog post on pinterest and loved it. It inspired me to write this.


Last Weeks' Garage Sale Ads:


MAN CAVE/ESTATE SALE Air compressors, pressure washer, tile, power tools, hand tools, engine stand, calipers, tape, gloves, hinges, shop smith, also have household items, décor, and much more. 
This is probably some guy who finally cleaned out his garage after years of his wife nagging him and he is sad to see these things to go but men are not shoppers so THEY MAKE AMAZING DEALS. worth the time if you need some dudely things




YARD SALE To benefit American Cancer Society. In front of the North Logan Walmart. Saturday household items, décor, and much more. 
Clear and to the point. When it is a fundraiser none of us really care what you are selling, we know its big and it goes to charity. Heck yes I'm going.




MOVING SALE ON GOING In Hyde Park. Call for information and directions.    
A) why would I call and say, "what do you have?" when there are a ton of other yard sales that clearly answer that question and B) just cuz its a moving sale doesn't make it something special. Give us the addy and maybe we'll drive by to see what is so special about moving.         




Ginormous sale. Sale is inside the house, on 3 floors. VIKING stainless steel commercial gas stove,100's of books, DEWALT radial arm saw, Ventless gas logs, fireplace mantels, air hockey, appliances, piano, much, much more. 
These can be a lot of fun for us people-watchers. I can go into someone's house and snoop around at how you decorated and let me buy some of the cool junk that has been gathering dust in your attic for all these years? SWEET!




MASSIVE YARD SALE Multi-family garage sale; too must to list, just come take a peek!!
Way too vague. Gimme something. Anything. Baby? Antiques? Man stuff? Maybe not...




MULTI-FAMILY YARD SALE Furniture, clothing, kid stuff, kitchen and lots of miscellaneous. You don't want to miss this! 
I don't wanna miss this, huh? Every yard sale under the sun is gonna have some bashed up pieces of furniture, and old electronics. Too vague.


Lots of nearly new furniture! We are selling the furniture of 5 apartments. Furniture only used for three months. We have beds, bedroom sets, kitchen sets, couch and chair sets, TV's, entertainment centers, desks and more!
AWESOME! Furniture super yard sale! I don't really need any more but I would check this out just to see if there is something better than what I already have.


I have been most drawn to yard sales that advertise something I need. I need baby boy clothes and I seem to think I need more craft junk. I'm just one person but most people don't go out Saturday morning thinking "I need more worthless broken junk that can I add to my home." Ok, just most people.
Every other yard sale I go to is because they advertised something unique and I'm just curious. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment