Here are the new 10 month pictures
(this one is my favorite!)
This is the first time he has gotten out of a sit by himself.
(He thought the camera was pretty cool, I guess)
Holy photogenic!
He is soooo close to crawling on all fours.
For now it is a lot of army crawling.
Such a happy boy!
Sorry, this next part is long. You won't offend me if you don't read this, it's mainly for my record.
- He now understands the meaning of "no." As in, "No, don't touch the nightlight or the corresponding outlet." At which point he stopped in his tracks and started wailing. I couldn't help but scoop him up and kiss him half to death.
- He has started to LOATH the vacuum, mixer, drill, ect. He has to be in the same room as the said item and I have to flash a huge cheesy smile while reassuring him in order to keep him from coming undone.
- He is teething! Today the tooth broke through and we can feel tiny ridges of his first tooth! He has been pretty good except avoiding solids and having a hard time sleeping. We have only needed teething gel once or twice so far. Thank heavens. I was not looking forward to teething.
- He is in some 12 month clothes and some 18 month clothes. Partially because I have a hard time putting away his adorable blue jeans and his cute motorcycle romper...
- He still goes nuts when the tickle monster comes out.
- He is still a bit shy around anyone other than Mom and Dad. Even Papa and Nana, who he sees often, are given the cold shoulder. He's just shy like his mom.
- He thinks blowing raspberries is the coolest trick ever. (My apologies if you are holding him and he decides to show off.) If he thinks real hard he turns it into a "p" or "b" sound. I love when he tries to have little conversations with me.
- He likes to cry in the morning while making the "b" sound. I don't know how half of his sounds are even humanly possible, but it happens. Maybe it means "bottle"? Also, he tends to make the "uhuh" and "unh huh" (as in yes and no, respectively) at strangely convenient times. I will keep an eye on it for now.
- He stays sitting very well now (unless he is tired then he usually tips backwards and wails.) I have come back into his room after a few minutes to find him whining because all his toys have been pushed just out of his reach and hasn't yet realized he can get out of a sit by himself.
- His noggin fits a toddler hat (for now) but his feet only fit 6-9 month shoes... haha
- He is loving baths lately. Especially when I put bubbles in the water. He seems to forget about splashing until it happens on accident and then he's like, "OOoooo!" and goes to town.
- Picture books are a current craze over here. This week I received "Sunday with Seurat" a picture book using Seurat's paintings to illustrate a lovely Sunday afternoon. Last week I picked up a book at the LDS bookstore, "My first Book of Mormon". We read from it every night and we love it. Almost makes me cry sometimes to think he will likely leave me some day to serve a mission in some far away place. The story of the sons of Helaman always tugs at my heart strings.
- I hung a shatterproof mirror near the floor of his room and he loves to talk to his reflection while gently patting the mirror. So. Stinkin'. Cute.
- He has started to signal when he wants up. It melts my heart to feel little hands tugging and the bottom of my jeans or to see him hop up and down on his bum with his hands out.
- Naps are going great, solids are still slow and challenging, language is really picking up, fine motor skills are lacking, and gross motor skills are perfect.






1 comments:
I'm so jealous he has teeth! Naomi's 11 months and I still can't feel a thing under her gums. Boo. She also like splashing in the bathtub. It's so fun to see them play, isn't it? And I love your little story about how he likes to play in the mirror. So cute. ;)
Post a Comment