Thursday, April 19, 2012

What Did We Do Before Pinterest?

What did we do before pinterest? The site is a gold mine for decorating ideas, kids crafts, outfit ideas, how-to-curl-your-hair-with-a-headband tuts, repurposing of random household objects, ect. 
Oh that's right, we had magazines. We would subscribe for a year (then get roped into two or three years), and these flimsy periodicals (who refuse to stand up on their own in a bookshelf) pile up and up and up until we give up and throw them all away. All these wonderful ideas end up in the garbage. Well, I decided to give them one last chance before saying "adios".

 This is my Ideas From Magazines Folder. I am currently going through each magazine and clipping all the best ideas for DIY, cooking, decorating, and fashion. Most great ideas are already ear-marked so it isn't as hard as it sounds. I don't clip many articles out, I just make sure to read them thoroughly and file it in my large brain. aka: Ideas From Magazines Brain Folder (lol sorry I guess I'm really on one today)

Some of the tabs are marked as follows: DIY, Cooking (will later move to recipe box), Swimwear (and cover-up ideas), Summer Fashion, Winter Fashion, Shoes, Makeup, and Hair. There are more tabs but I can't remember. From the DIY folder I eventually pull most of it out and paste each clipping into a giant binder I have which is divided into holidays, and other crafting categories. 

So if you have a massive pile of magazines you just can't throw away but don't want to file away with your finances, I found a good solution. This green folder sits on with my craft stuff standing up next to my sewing book, a hair book, and a few cook books. 

ahem, now back to my pinterest...

0 comments:

Post a Comment