Some of you may have had the chance to read the post that was removed earlier this week, but for those of you who didn't, I have been ordered by my doctor to MODIFIED bed rest for at least a couple weeks, maybe longer because of pre-term labor symptoms. Baby J is still kicking away, as if nothing happened, and I am confined to the couch and bed, boo.
I haven't had any pre-existing conditions that may have triggered this, pretty sure it's just the Lord's way of reminding us He is in charge. Or some other message, I don't know.
Anyways, I hate bed rest.
I had a long list of crafting to-do's, shopping to-get's, vacation plans, and general summer lovin' that I'm totally bummed I'm missing. My baby's health is #1 to me and I am just gonna have to make the sacrifice.
In other pregnancy news, I feel VERY pregnant now. My belly button has popped to the point of no return, resembling and amputated appendage. (Michael is a little weireded out) my tummy is so big I fit in NO pre maternity clothes, and I can no longer paint my toenails. the belly may not look that big, but I have still lost a great deal of range of motion, nonetheless. Nesting came a long time ago for me, but has tapered off a bit since bed rest (for now). I guess I got a good amount out of my system before now. I'm still very anxious to finish the nursery, but the other crafts I had in mind for the summer have taken the back burner of my mind for now.
Wednesday was michael's birthday, even though it didn't seem like it. Michael did pick out a grill out of the classifieds, and brought it back here for the back porch. The next night I demanded he run to the grocery store and buy a "Michael dinner" for us since I couldn't. He came back with burgers, buns, and the fixins. Grilling on the back porch was so relaxing (well from the camp chair I sat in, of course) and a much needed moment for both of us. I can't wait for the next time we grill. Michaels sister, Mary sent him and ice cream cake that was to die for (yep I still have a crazy craving for all thing dairy). Thanks again, Mary! I have pictures of these events, I just cant post them from my iPhone.
Just to show how much I'm in love with my best friend:
Last night I waddled into the kitchen after Michael had left, and saw the stinky pile of dishes that had multiplied like rabbits since Aimee was here last (thanks again, girl).
I found myself with a few dirty glasses in hand, thinking to myself, "I can do this, it's not a chore."
Wait, what did I just say? Why was doing dishes not registering as chores?
The thought came to me, "I'm doing this for Michael."
:( I sat down the dirty glasses and padded upstairs.
I love being a housewife, it's my dream job. It kills me to see Michael working so hard to provide for us, get back into school, get a second job, AND take on the extra chores.
My husband is my greatest blessing. He goes above and beyond to fulfill his husbandly duties.
Happy birthday, Michael, I love you.
Friday, May 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Oh no! Bed rest is no fun! ...But that said, I expect great blogging things from you. :) When I was recovering from labor, it's amazing how much blogging I got in. :)
That was a sweet story too. Sounds like you're married to a great guy. :)
Post a Comment