Friday, May 13, 2011

As of Lately: Warm Weather is Finally Here!

Here is our newest "backyard" buddy!
After raking out dead leaves, potting some mother's day flowers, and picking up some litter, Michael found this little water snake trying to hide in the mud.



  I picked up a few more clothes this weekend and the Divvy Up, (along with a Boppy!) and so I thought I'd share my organizing system for Baby J's clothes.
Given, I would not be surprised if one year from now it looks completely different - I may combine boxes, shift clothes from one box to another, ect. But for now, this works for me. This is how my mom organized our clothes, as well Amy Decyzyn from the Tightwad Gazette. 

I have a handful of 5x3 cards, one for each size. On each card I have a few categories: tops/onesies, bottoms, PJs, church clothes, and misc. Under each category I tally how many I have accumulated so far. I keep these cards in my purse for easy reference. This way I don't end up with too much or too little of one thing. I really have no idea how much of each category I need/want, so for now I will just have to play it by ear.

Everybody with kids should go to the Divvy Up Saturday morning, they had some killer deals on gently used kid gear, sizes all the way up to juniors and even maternity clothes.
I only spent $8!

0 comments:

Post a Comment