A few weeks ago I found this lovely yellow fabric and fell deep in love. I bought several yards for the dust ruffle, curtains, changing pad cover and maybe even a cute pillow.
Then when I moved to our new place I realized I had two sage green baskets in my closet that I now intend to use in the nursery. I plan to also pair these colors with a dark brown in the recliner, nightstand and such. What do you'all think?
Last week I checked out every baby movie the Logan Library had to offer. I didn't watch quite all of them in the allotted week, but the ones I did see I will probably re-rent when my due date comes closer. Of these, I would highly recommend the Due Dads Series for your first time hubby. It had all the necessary information, but from a man's point of view, and enough humor to get your nervous man through the movie without falling asleep.Michael really liked them, he keeps refering back to them.
The Laugh and Learn series (Great Expectations and About Breastfeeding) were the only ones I could get through without having to take nap breaks. Seriously, I didn't realize it was possible to make something as fascinating as pregnancy and delivery sooooo boring. The Laugh and Learn Series is produced within the last few years (not outdated information), and is hosted by the same funny lady. Both movies were actually real classes that they filmed so there are real people with real questions. The Great Expectations movie is pretty long, but covers everything from the mucous plug to forceps. She helped ease my worries about epidurals, and c-sections.
Another movie that I really like was the Childbirth one (I don't remember the full name) was two discs long so I fast forwarded through a lot of it, but it did cover some things that the others did not. Things like circumcision and what kind of post partum appointments to expect. The movie is hosted by a slew of physicians, psychiatrists, midwifes, and other professionals (probably why it was so stinkin boring).
I liked watching the movies because I could rewind and fast forward, take notes, and take breaks.
So there's my two cents.
Monday, February 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So pretty! You're going to have the cool nursery- and gender neutral to boot! Or do the blue/pink accents come later?
the green will go well with pink or some blue. but i have never worked with yellow before (seriously not a drop of yellow in my belongings) so im not sure! let me know what you think as i go along!
I finally got around to adding your blog to my list, so I'll actually be checking more often! :) LOVE the yellow and green! Congrats on the baby! Oh man, it is so much fun. I'm so excited to see how you pull everything together in the nursery!
Post a Comment