Saturday, February 26, 2011

Nursery Progress: a Little of This and That

I made a few trips to the DI recently and I thought I would share the treasures I found.




The nightstand we had at our old apartment, but it was an old DI find that I had repainted a few weeks ago.
The lemons I found at the dollar store and those lovely glasses I found at the DI. I plan to decorate the green shelves I painted last week with my new treasures. What should I put in the empty glasses? (don't you love the big brandy glass?!) I'm thinking bright yellow buttons, beads, ribbons, or maybe sand with a candle.


I love this rocking horse! Especially the paint job, right? HA! No way. I plan to sand and repaint it, but I'm not sure what color. I want it to be simple, with minimal facial features. I'm thinking back to white, or maybe a shade or two lighter than the nightstand. And that tail has got to go! Nylon, really? Ew. I'm thinking some rugged, heavy duty leather straps instead. What does everyone else think?

And the grandest find of them all.....

I've always wanted one of these! I had several little girls eye-ing me as I finished up my shopping at DI. They were bummed I beat them to it. Muwahahaha! Baby Moran will love it. They better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment