I bought this ornament here for way too much ($7 shipping for this? come on)
But I do absolutely love it.
I made this for Mike and I last night, it's always a hit around here. The noodles are homemade egg noodles, and served over mashed potatoes. The recipe is from my mom, who got it from a neighbor.
Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup
Boil some chicken or turkey carcass with boullion 2-3 hours and remove bones and skin. Add onions, carrots, and celery. Salt and pepper to tastes. Add yellow food coloring if it looks gray. Boil rapidly til noodles are cooked then simmer til thickened (about 10 min)
My version: I just put a couple chicken breasts in 4 C water until cooked. I added one small onion, two carrots, two stalks of celery, 1 1/2 tsp buollion, sea salt, and a bit of garlic powder.
For the noodles: mix 1 C flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1 egg, and 2 T milk with a fork. Gather into a ball and knead on a floured counter top. Roll out to 1/8" and flour the top. Roll dough into a jelly roll shape and slice with a knife to make "pinwheels." Unwind and plop into the soup, cook 8-10 minutes. If you want more of a "soup," just add more water and skip the mashed potatoes



0 comments:
Post a Comment