Monday, September 27, 2010

NO, I'M NOT PREGNANT...


...I just thought this craft was too cute and practical to pass up. I got the idea from here, where you can also get the full instructions on how to put one together. Or two. Or seven.
I chose the newborn size because that makes the most sense. I love this idea because your little man can look appropriate for church but no need to fuss over itty dress shirts and bitty ties. I plan to use one as an example and one as a gift. ~Who's pregnant with a boy?!~

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints Conference Center in Salt Lake City
   Aside from scaring the living daylights out of my hubby, I had a lot of fun this weekend. Saturday I slept in late, showered, and took a loooong time getting ready. Too long, we left 15 minutes late, woops! We (a ward friend and I) went to the General Relief Society Conference in SLC with many thousands of other lovely ladies. The speakers were awesome! I had never been before but I heard it was a popular tradition to go to the Conference Center and have a kind of girls night out. Too bad traffic was horendous, or we might have gotten a yummy dessert or done a little shopping. It took us two and a half hours to get home! Usually the commute is an hour and a half. Most of the traffic was in SLC itself though, thank heavens.
Sister Allred, Sister Beck, and Sister Thompson. Sister Thompson looks like my Nana. 

   Anyways, like I said, the speakers were incredible. Sister Beck shared the purposes behind Relief Society and stated, "It's not just a women's club." It really helped be look forward to our meetings each Sunday. Sister Allred shared on ways we can strengthen our testimonies. Sister Thompson shared the importance of Visiting Teaching and how to not let it be a burden, but a way to uplift, teach, and strengthen each other.
   And then President Monson stood. He started us off with quite a few laughs and then got real serious. Wow. This man is so full of wisdom. He knows how to get to the nitty gritty. The first thing he talked about was how important it is that we don't judge each other because we never know the full story and we might be "looking through dirty windows." He talked a lot about this matter. ~guilty~ The rest of his talk was about charity and what it means to have charity and how to express it. Again, this man is so full of wisdom, he spoke right to me. To read more visit this website.

Update: Later this night after I got home, Mike and I decided to take a drive. We ended up at one of our usual spots, the Logan Airport. As we were pulling in, three USU busses pulled in after us. It is 11pm by now, so we limited our conversation to mainly "I wonder"s . Looking back, three full size busses is quite a lot of people, but we didn't think much of it at the time. Rumors floating around Logan state that USU has it's own jet. ("Ooooh, so that's where all my tution went. Ok, I thought it went to my professors. But... that actually makes sense now." Mean. I know. Sorry.) Well, we waited and waited and then waited some more. The runway lit up several times and finally they stayed on around 1am. Mike spotted it first, I was looking in the oppposite direction. The incredibly bright light took so long to reach us, it felt unreal! The closer it came into view the more we relized it was much louder and larger than the usual planes we watch take off and land here in dinky little Logan. Then we spotted the advert on the side... FRONTIER no way! A full blown 747! I had seen a plenty in my travels out of SLC International but never out in farmville! And it pulled right up to the gate, right where were parked. We gawked and drooled and then hurried out of USU's way. This made my our week so much better. One more confirmation I am not a country girl. Oh, and we argued over if Logan Airport has a full time 24hour crew. I won. Of course. They had lightsticks and everything! Way to go, Logan! Someday you'll be a big boy town!

1 comments:

Kelsey said...

Ok, sorry peeps, my wife actually meant a 737,as there is a significant size difference, nonetheless, it was large by comparison...

Post a Comment