Little Bug is 9 months old! Unbelievable. 3 months from his first birthday. Good grief time flies!
- He army crawls as of last week. He has started to get up on all fours and then kinda pops off his knees landing on his belly. So we're practically there. He gets all over the floor now, and even out his bedroom door. This makes diaper changes impossible.
- He sits. He doesn't stay up well without something to lean against for balance. Like a hand on his knees or leaned up against a wall. Also, he still hasn't a clue at how to gracefully get out of a sit. Or into
- This week he's got a real bad chest cold, just after these pictures were taken. His cough sounds terrible but the doctor isn't worried because there is no fever, he is still pretty happy, and eating great. Just gotta ride it out.
- Picked up a bunch of new board books, and we love them. Gonna hit the library tomorrow (this time for something other than movies) and check out their kids' books section.
- He is eating quite a bit better now. Still loves bananas, doing much better with applesauce, and taking well to anything new we throw at him. He adores graham crackers, and is a champ at feeding himself them but I think they are slowing down his system. He likes the star puffs and cheerios now, which are perfect for on the go snacks, no mess! Although they have to be hand-fed, still no pincer grasp.
- One of his new favorite things is to see how high his voice can go. Also grunting is a new favorite although that's usually only when he has lost his patience with me.
- He has started to say uh-nuh (as in "no", or the opposite of uhuh) and he usually says it after I ask him a yes/no question however I'm not counting it has his first word because he still does what I ask...
- Weighs 20 lbs 10 oz and 28 inches long. 50th percentile for weight and 67th for height. For his true age. For his gestation he is 100th percentile or above for both! Oh and his head is 100th percentile for true age. Yeah, he has the Marble noggin.
- Holds his own bottle (I feel like a free woman!)
- Favorite toys are: race cars, a maraca that Helen (his cousin) picked out for him over Christmas, his white birdie rattle (in the pictures), and of course Mommy's toys (ie: cell phone, remote, glass of water).
- This month he has taken to a Winnie the Pooh lovey that Mike and I bought him when we first found out I was pregnant. He snuggles with it every night in his crib and I love that!
- He is in 12 month clothes and even some 18 month clothes. I'm almost out of clothes! Hurry up yard sale season, after 2T I'm in trouble! And I thought I bought too many clothes last summer.
- He hasn't had separation anxiety yet, although he has gotten a bit "protective" for me (que "awwww"). Every time Mike tickles or teases me so much I squeal, Little Bug bursts into tears. Be still my heart.
- He has started to reach for me! I love it.





1 comments:
SO fun! He's growing up so fast :)
Post a Comment