I have been watching The Chew on ABC lately, and they featured a stuffed pasta recipe using won ton wrappers. (cue light bulb flickering on) No way, I should have thought of that! Before the episode was even over yet I googled a spinach recipe (the recipe on The Chew was for beets) that just so happened to come with a butter sage sauce recipe.
Which, I love. Double love.
You see, the few times have been to Le Nonne's restaurant here in Logan I have gotten the same thing: Spinach Ravioli with Butter Sage Sauce. Sooooo good. I have come to dislike Le Nonne's service so we don't go there anymore, even though the little cottage is so incredibly charming and the appetizers are to die for, we now call The Elements our new "special occasion" restaurant.
Anyways, here is the recipe I found. I found the sauce a bit more tricky than the pasta. However, I blame that on the fact that I was attempting to finish up the raviolis (which I've never done before, and the won ton wraps begin to dry out in a matter of minutes) while attempting a new sauce.
Mike adored the meal, perfectly accompanied by a ceaser salad which he most lovely picked out at the store.
Here is one of the pictures from the blog I pulled the recipe from. My raviolis didn't look half as pretty as her's, but were still good all the same. Also, this made enough for our meal tonight, plus a full gallon bag for the freezer. Hello easy-dinner-for-two next week!
Friday, January 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment