Oh, and for the record, these pictures were taken only a day or two late, even though I am posting two weeks after.
Little Bug's stats:
- 17 lbs 11 oz
- wearing 12 month tops and some pajamas but still in 6-9 month bottoms (weird, I know)
- (Still) a terrible napper and terrible eater. As I type he is crying in his crib because I refuse to hold him the whole night long. Ok, I'm going.... Now he is sitting on my lap at 11:30 at night. Good thing I'm a night owl, too.
- Speaking of sitting, we are in a weird place right now with that. If I sit him up on his own he finds his feet and dives in for the
killchew. If I prop him up on the couch (which was successful for quite awhile) he leans forward to sit at a more right angle and can't maintain hit which results in him face down on the couch. - Crawling isn't going too hot right now either. First of all, he has hated tummy time from the start. But when I lay him on his stomach on my chest he pushes with his legs all the way up my body until his cute little toosh is in my face. Today I started getting more involved with his tummy time and tried to mimic this mommy scooting onto his blanket towards the toys. His head is always up and arms are tucked just right, he just throws a fit until he rolls himself back over.
- Rolling over is actually going great right now. He started rolling from tummy to back the first couple weeks we were home, but now he has started rolling from back to tummy. Well, mostly roll. He arches his back and reaches for something behind his head and it results in his entire body minus inside arm rolled over. So most of the time he spends playing on the floor is on his side.Also, diaper changes are quite a battle now.
- He loves to stand. He thinks it's the greatest thing ever. Right now he is standing on my lap and leaning against my chest, perfectly balanced while he looks around the dark room.
- His new favorite "trick" is buzzing his lips. The cutest is when he squints his eyes with the buzzing, but it's rare. In the last couple days he has started following Mommy or Daddy's buzzing with his own buzzing. It's adorable!
- I think he has started to reach for people. Last weekend we went to pick him up at his favorite babysitter's house, Camille, and when he saw me he began wiggling furiously so I held him. Then he saw Mike and wiggled the same. Also, when he wants out of his swing or picked up he starts flailing his arms in that general direction. So cute.
- His favorite food right now is bananas. Scratch that, the ONLY food he eats is bananas. He will eat his oatmeal cereal just fine but all other foods he spits out or cries through. Sometimes he will amuse me and eat applesauce. I have a freezer full of pureed fruits and vegetables for this little guy and he won't move on from the bananas.
- He loves his baths. Loves loves loves. He no longer fits in the baby tub so we have omitted it. The only time he has hated his baths lately is when he tries to roll over and look behind him (as described above) resulting in a face full of water. Poor guy. He is always just fine, just a little scared.
- Speaking of scared, I think he might be developing separation anxiety. Or something. Lately when he is due for a nap and something comes along that is frightening or unfamiliar his little bottom lip quivers and he lets out the most heart breaking cry you've ever heard. Today Mike playfully picked me up and threw me over his shoulder (strong guy!) and I let out a scream which Bug did NOT approve of. Also, on Sunday, my brother Brady was holding Bug and he kissed him on his cheek. Well, the combination of an unfamiliar face and an shaven one at that, resulted in crocodile tears.
- Last month (I can't remember if I blogged about this or not) Little Bug's head circ measured in the 75th percentile. For his true age. Yeah, that's a Marble gene for sure.
- We no longer meet with Up To 3, as there is no reason to. His development is right on target for his gestation, or ahead.
- Our insurance approved to pay for his RSV shots this winter which is a godsend as the shots run $1500 per month for 5 months without insurance. Thank heavens.
- Next month we visit the eye doctor (both Bug and I) and this will be the end of the preemie check ups.
Well, that is all for tonight. Hopefully Little Bug goes to bed soon. Ahem.
I am hoping to do a seious of "thoughts from a NICU mom" posts here soon, so if anyone out there has questions they would like me to address, shoot me a comment, email, or text. I'm open to anything and I will keep all Q and A's anonymous.


2 comments:
Yay! He is SO cute Kelsey. I'm so sorry he's not sleep/eating well. I can totally relate. Story of my life lately. Naomi is on an eating strike too. Why won't babies do what they're told? ;)
Love this post, little bug is getting to be not so little any more. It was so fun to have you guys over for ice cream, I think that we should plan a time and do dinner, what is the school/work/life schedule like for you guys? Is there a time that would work well?
Post a Comment