I did all I could to keep from throwing up the day we left the hospital, I was so nervous (I even snagged one of those "patient belongings" bags and stuck it in my purse in case I couldn't keep my lunch down in the car).
The night of the 8th, I sat down with one of my favorite nurses, Jen, and asked her every question about going home (there was a lot) and she was so kind to talk me through everything. See, the thing about NICU nurses, is all of them have had at least 8 years of experience in a NICU, and most of them have had at least one NICU baby, so these ladies really know their stuff. Jen and I checked off every little thing we could before morning and I went to bed, for a few hours at least.
The next morning I got up and finished packing, just in time for Michael and my mom to arrive in my parents SUV (we had that much stuff to pack home). We loaded up the car and headed over. Just as we got there, the doctor came over with our discharge papers. Next, the discharge nurse set us up with goodies to take home (bottles, nipples, fortifier, reflux Rx, and infant vitamins) and a few minutes later we only had to feed Little Bug and head out.
Once we got in the car, I took a huge sigh of relief. We were half way over with the days events. We stopped by the Brigham City Temple, as I haven't seen much past the hospital parking lot in two months, it looks beautiful!
We got home, ordered Cafe Rio (that hit the right spot), unloaded the car, thanked my mom, and the three of us just relaxed. Ha! I wish. No, I took a couple minutes to enjoy it, but I just can't fully relax until everything is unpacked and put away.
The first night or two went smoothly, got a few hours of sleep here and there. But last night Little Bug decided the only place to sleep is in someone's arms. So I did all I could to sleep in the recliner without smothering my cute new baby.
Thank heavens for husbands. Seriously, he came home from work just in time and I got several hours of sleep while he tried to calm the little munchkin down. Today was a bit better, I pulled out the baby carrier (yard sale $3) and walked around with him staring up at me between feeds.
We saw the pediatrician yesterday, and we are up to 6 lbs 15 oz! What a chunker! The doc advised us to stay out of public completely for the first month, and then the next couple months just church, and very slowly ease back into society.
Saturday, August 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Congratulations!
Post a Comment