Monday, August 8, 2011

The Things I WILL Miss When We Go Home



We SHOULD (no promises) be able to go home this week. The feeding tube is out, Bug only needs oxygen for feeds, his immunizations are done, and we are in the middle of a five day count-down with no oxygen drops, no bradycardia-s, and no need for the feeding tube. Everybody cross your fingers everything goes well, Little Bug eats well, and breathes well to prove that he is ready to go home!

There are lots of things I won't miss when we leave, so I will take the positive route....

Things I will miss:
  • the California Wrap at the hospital cafeteria (don't think "hospital food," think of really good "catering food" )
  • the nurses and their infinite patience with answering all my questions, several times each because I kept forgetting the answers
  • a lactation consultant on call every day for every little worry about nursing AND pumping (two completely different concepts, lemme tell ya)
  • Dr Pepper anytime I so pleased :)
  • houskeeping here at the Guest House (too bad she didn't do the dishes too... haha just kidding!)
  • having an over-qualified babysitter 24/7 
  • Hill Air Force Base's fighter jets flying over every day (yes, I actually will miss that)
  • scrapbooking every Wednesday with other NICU moms
  • Dr. "Bob" Christensen - he seriously just has to walk in the room and your nerves are calmed. 
  • DirectTV in my room
  • Sheela, my yoga teacher. That lady kicked my butt!
  • running errands with my mom. I don't know why, I just like running errands. I always thought as a kid it was called "running earrings," I was so confused for a long time haha
  • knowing Little Bug's chances of getting sick were next to nothing because how sterile his environment was
  • other NICU moms who have boosted my spirits and helped me stay positive
  • being able to laugh with other NICU moms about pregnancy, delivery, crazy nurses, and other NICU jargen

Can't wait to go home, I am so ready for it and so are my boys.

1 comments:

Rick and Camille said...

I'm so happy for you Kelsey! Can't wait to see your precious baby! See you soon :)

Post a Comment