Reasons:
#1 I had the wrong machine needle. My handy dandy trusty sewing book didn't say anything about a specific needle for silk. But apparently you need a ballpoint or it ruins the fabric. Pressing each seam was inevitable, but mostly unsuccessful.
#2 I fell out of love with the print. Dinner plates on my tummy were not so attractive as I once thought.
#3 Gathers are not my forte. And this sucker required six total. After sewing the fourth gather, and losing count of puckers and folds in each seam, I lost all patience and nearly my temper.
#4 The pattern is too low cut for my standards. And possibly a size or two too big.
After concluding that nearly every seam would need to be unpicked (which is a nightmare for this material) for one reason or another, I regretfully resolved to lay it down to rest.
On a different note, I accidentally got my niece to name one of her dollies

0 comments:
Post a Comment